We will hold this town hall twice:
- Wednesday, February 17 from 12:15-1:15
- Thursday, February 18 from 3:30-4:30
If you’d like to join one of our town halls, use this zoom link.
As we move through the bargaining process, we need your input to help us!
- Where we stand in bargaining. The newsletters and proposals are long…get the fast facts about what’s up.
- What’s next in the bargaining process. Get clarity on what needs to happen for a good contract, and how you can contribute.
- Collecting your thoughts on shared governance — AKA site-based decision-making — and the possible physical reopening of schools.
We have consistently heard from teachers that protecting and expanding site-based decision-making is important — our bargaining team would like to collect more information on which decisions our members want left up to our sites and how those decisions should be made. We would also like your thoughts on the potential physical reopening of schools (any physical return to school would have to be negotiated between Summit and Unite Summit).
Union Spirit Day Thursday February 18!
On Thursday, February 18, show your support for our union and our contract negotiations by using our union logo as your zoom background or picture, wearing your union t-shirt (you can order one here), or wearing a white t-shirt if you don’t have a union t-shirt. Let’s show that we’re united behind getting a great first contract!